As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media Studios is looking for a Production Accountant (PA) to join our team! We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate genuine excitement for the industry & is looking to learn & grow in the position. We greatly value our relationships with other departments & the ideal candidate will demonstrate a collaborative & supportive mindset. The Production Accountant will report to our Director of Production Finance & Accounting & is based in New York.
What youll do:
- Take charge of assigned productions, demonstrating ownership of all daily, weekly, monthly aspects of production accounting, including payroll, vendor payments, credit card reconciliation, petty cash reconciliation, & fielding accounting related requests from production teams
- Ensure that Production Accounting record keeping is accurate & well documented for multiple productions at a time
- Ensure policies & procedures are followed & enforce compliance measures
- Execute month end procedures for assigned productions
- Develop relationships with production & corporate accounting teams to provide premier support
- Assist with miscellaneous Cost Reporting & inter-company procedures
- Contribute to constant process improvement in all aspects of production accounting
What youll bring:
- At least 2 years of production accounting experience
- Advanced level MS Excel skills, proficient in PSL or equivalent production accounting software
- Excellent typing, communication & organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, pro-active possessing high adaptability
- Able to prioritize the work & make decisions independently
- Highly personable, team player, with curiosity & drive; collaboration is key
- Ability to thrive & be highly effective in a fast-paced & fluid environment
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.