THESKIMM & DESIGN
TheSkimm is dedicated to helping millennial women live smarter lives. We're changing the way our 7 million community members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. TheSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & weve helped more than 400,000 people to take action with us in the 2020 elections.
theSkimms design team is a group of fast-moving, innovative creators who thrive on building beautiful experiences Skimmrs love. As a member of the design team, youll envision & create impactful product experiences to educate, inform, & inspire our community.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will lead & develop product design experiences end-to-end & grow the product design team. Reporting to the VP of Design, youll be responsible for making every touchpoint with our members memorable. Youll work with product & engineering to deliver amazing, consistent, & novel experiences. We cant wait to see you in action.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Lead product design & execution across our web experiences & iOS app
- Build the product design team & discipline at theSkimm
- Partner with product managers, engineers, & business stakeholders to develop the short-term & long-term roadmap
- Guide how we use user research & analytics data to inform decisions
- Run design reviews, brainstorming & collaboration sessions
- Partner with leads on planning, staffing, & managing priorities
- Level-up theSkimm design system
- Foster a collaborative process with teams across the organization
- Work with the entire design team to evolve the brand design system, understanding the value of design patterns & helping to build & maintain a cohesive visual language
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of product design experience
- A player/coach able to be hands on & build out a team
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of design craft
- Give feedback with kindness & candor
- Strong critical thinking & communication skills
- Proficient in Figma & prototyping tools
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Keen interest in elevating theSkimms products & bringing new offerings to life
- 2+ years of management experience
Please include a link to an online or PDF portfolio with your application
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.