Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, salespeople & operations specialists... just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
We're seeking an experienced Senior Systems & Security Engineer to join our technology operations & security team, & take ownership & responsibility for the management & monitoring of all installed systems & technology infrastructure. This role will report to the Head of Information Security.
- Manage & monitor all installed systems & infrastructure
- Install, configure, test & maintain operating systems, application software & system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems & infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, backup, & redundancy strategies
- Write & maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency & lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information & operational support systems
- Provide 2nd & 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors & other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- 5+ years hands-on experience platform management (Mac, Linux, or combination thereof) at scale.
- Extensive knowledge with workstation management tooling such as Jamf/Datto/Kandji etc.
- Proficient in modern configuration management tooling (PowerShell DSC) & package managers (Munki, Chocolatey)
- Extensive experience with Mobile Device Management
- Extensive experience with Google Workspace & Mimecast for email security
- Experience with managing Slack for the enterprise
- Jira administration experience is a huge plus
- Extensive knowledge of information security such as device encryption, anti-virus tooling, digital certificates, security policies etc.
- Experience with Carbon Black or Crowdstrike
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals such as DNS, DHCP, firewall, VPN, & PKI
- Proven strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Experience with virtualization & containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with ITIL tools ServiceNow or Freshservice.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people, we have a no jerk policy.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.
- 6 month paid maternity/paternity leave.
All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country.
Were a publicly listed company that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Currently, all corporate employees are working remotely from home until it is deemed safe to return to our offices by local & state health officials. We have offices located in New York City (NY) and San Mateo (CA), & three fulfillment centers in New Jersey, Nevada & Texas. Fully remote candidates will be considered for certain categories of roles.