The Corporate Development team is seeking an Associate to join our growing team. The position is highly visible in the organization & involves frequent interaction with the senior executive team as well as all other Squarespace staff levels. You will partner cross-functionally to build & execute the inorganic growth strategy for Squarespaces fast-paced, high growth business.
The Corporate Development Associate will be closely involved in all aspects of the deal process, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, valuation, due diligence & closing & integration activities. The person should be action-oriented & comfortable driving outcomes with all internal & external stakeholders.
This role reports into the Corporate Development Lead in New York.
- Support in the identification, development, analysis & successful execution of M&A transactions
- Apply rigorous quantitative analyses to acquisitions & other strategic initiatives, including building 3-statement financial models & valuation methodologies with revenue, cost, & key operational drivers
- Analyze industries, businesses, & new growth opportunities through strategic, financial & feasibility frameworks, applying sound business judgement
- Collaborate with Finance to build a standard Corporate Acquisition Model
- Research relevant industries to identify key trends & the competitive landscape
- Develop decision matrices & frameworks to analyze complex problems
- 3+ years experience in investment banking, mergers & acquisitions, corporate development and/or private equity in the technology industry
- Worked with technology companies (consumer internet a plus) & SaaS business models
- Exceptional analytical & financial modeling skills
- Highly proficient in Excel & presentation applications (i.e. Google Slides, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly & succinctly articulate complex problems & solutions/recommendations
- Team player, proactive & action oriented, with the ability to anticipate needs
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, & experience working with executives
- Strong personal integrity, work ethic & attention to detail
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.