Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus Platform team is hiring a Senior Software Architect, Build & Delivery Platform. The Build & Delivery Platform team plays a key role forCarGurus tooperate at scale. We areconstantly modernizingourtechnologyplatformand are looking to define key architectural capabilities, guide development teams on their successful implementation, & ensure features & code can reliably & quickly make it into production.
What You'll Do:
- Work on newand existingprojects such asour build pipelines, CI/CD environments, data streaming platform, container & micro-services infrastructure
- Define our platform roadmap
- Deliver features consistently
- Work with other teams to roll out platform updates & mentor other engineers
- Have a largeimpact in deliveringa high-quality development environment with great quality code & products
Who You Are:
- Experienced with distributed,high performance & loosely coupled systems
- Have a deep understandingof distributedmessagingsystems, modern search engines & various data storage & retrieval techniques
- Fluent in at least one programming language, preferably on the JVM
- Biased towards using data to arrive at decisions
An individual with general curiosity, a belief in growth, & a demonstrable background in software engineering. You build infrastructure as code to create robust solutions based on loosely coupled systems, strongly leveraging modern toolsets & automation. You are at ease working in a collaborative & fast-paced environment.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.