We describe ourselves as the most contemporary global creative & media agency. Were independent, born in social back in 2009; we come from New York & our founder Gary Vaynerchuk (known by his fans as GaryVee) & we have grown locally & authentically across the world. We are digital first, were creative & media - were all the things that the advertising industry isnt. We have gone to the roots of where consumer attention is, building business transformation, building culturally & contextually relevant creative & distributing it via the modern comms plan. We believe through & through that brand is built in social & that if brands listen to consumers, see their real time behaviour, know culture & platforms better than anyone, then we will build the most effective brands in the world. We are social through & through but we think big - our work scales to big ideas (we made 3 Superbowl ads this year).
VaynerMedia - & VaynerX (our version of a modern holding co) is growing at a crazy rate. New York is the mothership, & we have offices in London, APAC (Singapore, Bangkok, Australia, Tokyo), LATAM (Mexico City) & LA. We have just been awarded AdWeeks Breakthrough Media Agency of the Year & were #5 in AdAges A List (up from Agency to Watch last year. Our first Campaign School Report for EMEA described us as the cool exchange student forming roots which we love a lot as it gets to the heart of what we are trying to do.
VaynerMedia in EMEA is flying. We are 130+ strong & doubled in headcount during the pandemic. Our clients include TikTok (social AOR, run out of London), Durex, Tinder, Kraft Heinz, WeWork, Indeed, among others. Weve been running multiple local market campaigns - integrated media & creative, creative only, media only - across NL, France, Germany, Italy, Spain & there are more on the cards, which is why we are growing our presence in Amsterdam.
VaynerMedia Amsterdam is opening shortly, primarily to partner the many EU clients we have. We love Amsterdam - its an incredibly creative, innovative & exciting market. It has diverse talent representing many different countries & communities. Its the perfect hub for our EU operations. And of course, its a great city. We believe in launching in a market bottom up - with incredible local people who understand & are excited about the Vayner Way shaking things up, & building credibility & fame through our work.
But ultimately we are people people. We are skills first rather than where you studied & who you know. Were here to change advertising so we thrive on free-thinkers with big ambitions.
Sound like you?
Hitting your stride as ACD or CD & looking for more? Then this could be for you. We're looking for a CD to be a founding member of the creative team as VaynerMedia expands into Amsterdam. You'll be a strong creative head, used to leading creative teams with a focus on the best work possible, guiding & shaping great ideas that hit the client briefs & make us all proud. This is a founding role for us, so youll be good on your feet, love the thrill of new biz & helping us bed in our founding fashion & beauty client. Adept at presenting, you understand the business of creativity, you are able to work alongside client partnership teams to build & grow clients. More than that, you're used to negotiating your way to the best creative answers for the campaigns whilst keeping clients on side. But that doesn't mean you won't challenge & know how to defend the work with grace & meaning.
Your skills will need to cover both AD & copy - able to guide teams as well as expertly craft concepts & campaigns that motivate & connect across campaigns & media. Your years of experience will have added a depth of understanding visual language to your core skills. You will have creators & creative teams around you as we form the Amsterdam office, as well as working with visual partners be they creators, designers, editors or film makers in London, & you know how to make the most of their skills & draw a team together.
This role is one of our founding creative leadership roles in Amsterdam. You will join a fast growing team, supported by the London HQ to establish VMAmsterdam on the map. That means we wont have space for egos, you will be a key personality in turning the ignition, with the drive & want to see what you can add & how far you can grow. Your ambition is the difference.
- Founding member of the newest VaynerMedia office, establishing new clients & working as an integral team member to pitch & gain others
- Development & delivery of creative solutions for a variety of clients & industries. Ready to step in & roll your sleeves up when needed, as well as managing & approving the work of your creative teams
- Alongside your ECD to mentor & manage creatives & creative teams, including designers, writers & creators
- Collaborate cross-departmentally, & inter-office to develop a high variety of ideas that meets creative & strategic criteria (client briefs, feedback, client KPIs)
- Ideate & conceptualise engaging thinking that reflects brand guidelines; maintaining aesthetic, tone, & brand consistency across all deliverables
- Foster positive relationships among the internal brand teams, the creative department, direct reports, other agency partners, & clients
- Acts as quality control & brand steward for junior level team members & liaison between your team & your manager
- Significant advertising experience leading teams, developing & creating TTL, digital & platform specific social campaigns
- Fluent English & Dutch
- This role will have in-agency requirements, so a commutable distance to Amsterdam!
- Ability to carry a concept from start to completion, & guide those on your team to do the same. Executing & delegating as needed.
- Award-winning campaigns that motivate & connect across a range of clients & media
- Able to spot the seed of an idea when you hear one from a more junior team member & understand how to nurture & enable it to grow into an impactful, change making campaign
- Strong knowledge of platform/industry/creative trends & best practises. Must be able to translate this knowledge into articulating & strategically applying to creative executions.
- Experience evaluating teams with the ability to supervise & train employees on an ongoing basis.
- A talent for wearing multiple brand hats & switching easily among brand voices.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in gathering learnings & insights from platforms, consumer feedback & culture to make concise, relevant recommendations.
- A strong hands-on knowledge of the big social media platforms & their specific abilities/limitations. You play on the platforms & understand their differences.
- Love the thought of challenging the advertising industry, embracing change & be a keen adopter of new strategies & techniques
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
For now, these are some of the things we have in place to support you..
We regularly review our benefits & are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people. This currently includes all the good stuff you would expect from Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday through to Group Personal Pension & Income Protection.
We know some days aren't as good as others & that's OK. We have our mental health partner Sanctus on hand for employee coaching sessions & an Employee Assistance Programme in place should you need it. We also work with NABS, an industry specific support organisation who are passionate about helping people to thrive.
Sometimes it can be the smaller things that make you smile. We have a wide variety of discounts & benefits through Perkbox & you can save on your commute through Commuter Club or our Cycle To Work Scheme. If R&R is more your thing you can take some time out for a monthly massage. We understand that there has never been a more important time for self care & as such we have a varied wellbeing programme to help you to be your best self.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
This role will have in-agency work requirements. Candidates must be authorised to work in the Netherlands.