Whats up? Were VaynerMedia! We are a contemporary global creative & media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients & delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 & has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore, Australia, Thailand, Japan & Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards & The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
Culture is our key & Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMediaAPAC is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative & strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time --- PEOPLE. Day in & day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention & culture. In APAC, we are proudly +200, servicing a diverse client all around the region.
This exciting opportunity will allow you to work independently while collaborating with our strong force of 30+ social insights & strategy team across APAC. This is a contract position in Korea with a reporting role to the Insights Director based in Singapore.
Are you based in Seoul? Geeking the social insights world in the advertising agency in the Korea market for three plus years now? Or already a super expert in research & analysis with a passion for trend-spotting areas such as index scoring & validation? Native in Korean? Aspiring & with a can-do attitude? Do you wanna geek out on the world of a media & creative advertising agency? if Yes, we could be meant to be --- so keep reading!
Heres where you come in.
- Manage period projects & calendar that will design, conduct & deliver standard & custom social media reports.
- Host discovery sessions with the agency's clients to understand the business need & translate this into constructed queries that will monitor the social conversation for internal client teams as well as competitive brands, Influencers, programs, products, marketing campaigns, & events.
- Deep dive into the data to uncover drivers of social buzz, then translates the data into a compelling story.
- Decipher whats important & meaningful data, & then communicate the concise story in a way that allows the business to make decisions based on the reports.
- Monitor daily or upon ad-hoc requests various social listening & content monitoring towards trends & hot news.
- Create a semi-automated workflow that can pickup daily social triggers as guidance for internal & client teams. This would require quick thinking & fast turnaround on queries, & linking up with API access of tools to pull from selected data points.
- Consult stakeholders on topic definitions, social listening measures & filters to define objectives & set deliverables for standard & custom reports.
- Implement social analysis for campaigns/events & present insights back to inform content /Media decisions for campaign/event activities & advise on actions to take from optimizations standpoint.
- Social listening tool setup including keywords, query parameters, & dashboards.
- Take initiative on the refinement of query parameter setup to ensure accurate & insightful mention analysis is available to report on by the end of the reporting period.
- Pull & interpret data from social listening tools including volume, sentiment, conversation drivers, influencers, etc.
- Create & edit reporting deliverables for PowerPoint, Newsletter & Excel formats that transform social data into a clear story. Visualize findings legibly using charts, tables, & infographics, & provide actionable insights based on concrete data.
- Manage a deliverable calendar of recurring scheduled & ad hoc reports.
- Good housekeeping - upkeep of shared calendars & the storage of report agreement documents & delivered reports.
Your Experience & Nice To Haves
- 3+ years of professional experience in marketing analytics, statistical analysis, predictive modeling or segmentation experience setting
- 2+ years of experience in online/social analytics
- Ability to properly set expectations based on program scope, reporting schedules & follow through on delivery.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills & proven ability to transform data into a concise, yet compelling story.
- Ability to synthesize information & produce insightful & accurate analysis & recommendations.
- Good mix of technical understanding, business sense, managerial/connecting & Interpersonal skills (Experience with Boolean, Python, Excel prototyping of data visualization or using a data visualization tool is critical for growing in this role)
- Strong familiarity & understanding of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Forums, Instagram, Forums, Chat applications, is required.
- Relevant experience pulling data from social media listening/analytics tools such as Crimson Hexagon, Sprinklr, SimplyMeasured, Google Studio, etc.
What you should know about VaynerMedia
Think lab & not agency. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. Were willing to break rules, try new things, & test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. Its fun!
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, & the opportunity to collaborate with the talented & enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We cant wait to meet you.