Snap is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live & communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, & have fun together.
Were looking for a Data Scientist to join Team Snapchat! Working closely alongside the engineering, product design, & product management teams, you will enjoy creating inventive, data-based approaches to solving difficult business problems. Working from our New York, NY office, youll work to transform business questions into data analysis.
What youll do:
- Partner with Product & Engineering & apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to create & scale insights
- Create testable hypotheses, then test them
- Effectively report your insights via visualization & dashboards that you create
- Help business & engineering partners make decisions based on data
- Bachelors degree in math, statistics, computer science, or other quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience in quantitative analysis & data science or a related field
- Fluency in SQL or other big data querying language
- Strong statistical knowledge
- Masters degree in math, statistics, computer science, or other quantitative field
- Experience in a product-focused role at a social media and/or mobile technology company
- Experience with analytical packages such as SciPy or R
- Experience with data pipeline workflow monitoring & scheduling platforms (e.g., Airflow)
- Experience with a programming language, such as Python
- Ability to initiate & drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear & effective manner to a senior audience
- Machine learning skills
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds & voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live & communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please dont be shy & contact us at email@example.com.