ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Our competitive edge comes from making decisions based on accurate & timely data. As a Data Engineering Manager, you will manage data engineering team to ensure the delivery of reliable, timely, & consumable data within a software development environment.
This is a role for someone who is looking to exercise & develop their core leadership skills both from a technical & people management point of view. You will have established Software Engineer capabilities as well as people manager capabilities. In this role, you will be managing the US data engineering team to meet customer, business, & technology needs. Youll be also expected to influence the team to invent, evolve, and/or deprecate data solutions.
You should have a passion for imparting knowledge & a proven ability to grow a team & lead it to success. You will show a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, your experience should be built on a solid foundation of engineering development & operational support & you should be able to show a proven background in coaching/ people management.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Leads team to invent, evolve, and/or deprecate data solutions.
- Able to scope a project & evaluate releases to ensure they meet business needs.
- Knows how to discern which features are essential, can be triaged, or omitted. Determines where to simplify, optimize, or extend solutions for the best outcomes.
- Drives resolution to data architecture deficiencies.
- Handles most problems, decisions & escalations.
- Mitigates long-term risks. Finds a path forward in difficult situations.
- Effectively hires, manages performance, coaches, & promotes.
- Evangelizes behaviors based on company values.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- Able to lead a team of SE's tasked with building or solving complex software problems, often at the architectural level. Makes trade-offs: short-term vs. long-term needs.
- A strong technology background is required with a minimum of 7+ years of data engineering or data warehouse development experience including 3+ years in software delivery management roles preferred
- Experience managing & delivering multiple projects at the same time is necessary
- Excellent people management, communication, presentation & facilitation skills are necessary
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.