Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to University, what course they take, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students & young alumni at more than 800 universities in the United States (and soon the United Kingdom), & over 350,000 employers who are recruiting on Handshake - from the Footsie 100 to thousands of SMEs, nonprofits, startups, & more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds & are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop & retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that youre 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
As the one of the first team members of Handshakes UK team, youll help build Handshakes first international office & will have the opportunity to make an impact on all aspects of the business. Youll directly support the UK Country Lead across all aspects of Handshake UK & in doing so will have the chance to build something that truly makes an impact.
Key areas of impact & responsibility (in order of expected time spend) are:
- Sales Support: Youll be responsible for supporting the UK Country Lead in establishing UK University partnerships. This includes outbound outreach to Universities, prospecting, scheduling demos, running webinars, & managing pipeline development across the University & employer channels.
- Customer Success & Support: Youll support the early UK team in creating a world-class success & support organization for our University partners.
- Marketing: In this role youll help support Handshakes brand development. Youll help manage Handshakes events, email marketing campaigns, conference strategy, content creation, & collateral as we work to establish Handshake as a leading brand in the UK.
- Product: Youll work closely with the Handshake product team in the United States to articulate key requirements for the UK market based on customer conversations.
Youll have a chance to build Handshakes UK business from the ground up & in doing so will get experience across a broad range of job functions. If youre passionate about democratizing opportunity for all students & are excited about building something incredible from the ground up - we encourage you to apply.
What Qualities Are We Looking For?
As one of the first team members on the ground in the UK, your role will span from the most tactical to the strategic. The ideal candidate possesses humility to excel at any task, has a proven work ethic, is an effective communicator, & is very flexible in the face of change.
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Comfort with technology - ability to quickly learn software systems
- Ambitious & self-motivated
- Effective communicator & excellent interpersonal & presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to lead a high volume of outbound calling & emailing activities every day - while maintaining a positive & energetic attitude
- Attention to detail & outstanding communication skills
- Knowledge or experience of career services, higher education, or talent acquisition sectors.
- Comfort in a quota-carrying environment (prior sales experience isn't necessary but it is a bonus!)
- Experience at a fast growing startup.
- Experience with marketing / design projects.
- Experience with our tools: Salesforce, Looker, Hubspot / Marketo, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.