At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Workplace Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the facilitation of an ongoing delightful experience for all employees of Lyft by providing consistent operational support & managing an inclusive & safe environment for Lyft employees.
You are an individual who possesses a strong ability to successfully prioritize & execute tasks/duties for yourself & your direct reports in alignment with the overall goals of the team. You feel comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You have a growth mindset & know how to stay self-motivated & demonstrate a positive attitude. You feel empowered to take initiative, lead from your seat & empower those who report to you to do the same. You consistently demonstrate strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Actively participate in facilitating an ongoing delightful employee experience by overseeing the consistent delivery of exceptional operational & facilities support in our various office & field locations
- Manage all day to day operations for each location & delegate tasks to Workplace Operations team members on site as needed
- Manage relationships between property management & landlords
- Manage all vendor operations & relationships including but not limited to; janitorial, food/beverage service, internal security & others as needed. Heavily involved in the RFP/SOW process for potential vendors
- Oversee the management of the Zendesk ticket workflow for all locations & respond to escalated tickets as necessary
- Partner with the Physical Security team to ensure all security standards are in place & adhered to at all times. Receive, assess, solve for or escalate to the Director of Global Workplace Operations any escalated security & operational issues that arise in any location
- Partner with Development to assist with new employee seating assignments & make adjustments in seating assignments as needed
- Manage additional Workplace Operations team members & provide coaching, guidance, feedback & structure to support their professional growth & development
- Assist senior management in overseeing the opex budget for the property(s).
- Coordination of facility maintenance, improvements & construction as necessary
- Other site specific duties required by the property in question
- Travel to other locations when necessary
- Be aligned with Lyfts Core values: Uplift Others, Make it Happen & Be Yourself
- A passion for managing an overall positive employee experience through ongoing operational support
- Ability to successfully coach, develop & manage direct reports to a level of high performance
- Strong ability to manage competing priorities & projects
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across departments, work collaboratively, & manage conflict constructively
- Ability to remain agile & multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment
- Capable of prioritizing tasks/duties as assigned & delegating tasks as needed
- 5+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years of Workplace Operations experience
- Previous people management experience preferred
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.