Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As Accounts Payable Lead , this role will call upon your flexibility to deal with many varying tasks within the finance department.
You will have an eye for detail, a knack for problem solving & a willingness to learn & grow. You are able to handle multiple competing priorities & manage your time effectively. Assist the AP Manager in enforcing accounting principles & controls to internal & external stakeholders. Help to document & maintain all departmental processes & improvements as they happen. Master the chart of accounts & tagging rules as they evolve & help to meet month end close deadlines & ad hoc projects as they arise.
- Regular processing of invoices into accounts payable system
- Review of all manual invoices by other AP Clerks-looking for completeness, accuracy, & compliance to all coding & tagging rules set forth by the Department
- Responsible for maintaining, updating, & improving essential Accounts Payable support documents, process flows, procedures, & guidelines.
- Monitoring accounts payable processing including reviewing shared payables inbox, Finance Jira Board & Slack for issues that arise from the business with an adherence to a 24-48 hour SLA
- Provide problem & invoice resolution assistance to vendors & internal company personnel with tact & diplomacy; act as a liaison between departments & vendors.
- Reconciling vendor invoices against statements & resolving any discrepancies
- Assisting with various ad hoc finance projects from various levels of Finance Management such as audits, reviews & special filings
- Mentors, supports, & coaches other members of the team to drive productivity, attention to detail, increased accuracy, & time management.
- Ensuring compliance of all accounts payable policies & controls & adherence to Parent Company standards
- Be proactive & identify areas in need of improvement & take action to implement process improvements when appropriate to increase overall department capacity