GitHubs Global Customer Success (CS) organization is looking for a motivated, passionate, experienced, results-focused Instructional Designer to help plan, create & maintain training materials across the CS organization. This individual will work closely with the technical stakeholders & subject matter experts, to help design & develop training that effectively addresses the needs of the CS Organization. The Instructional Designer will utilize instructional methodology to analyze, design, develop, implement, & evaluate technical training materials. The ideal candidate will have a combination of training, instructional design, curriculum design & project management experience to assist in designing & developing learning solutions for multiple delivery methods including eLearning, instructor-led, virtual, & blended instruction. The learning materials will span technical onboarding, upskilling, new product releases, & certifications. The ideal candidate will be analytical, logical, organized, & creative to design courses that engage & equip the learners to do their best work possible in supporting GitHubs users.
- Performing CS specific needs assessments with stakeholders & partners to define training gaps, problems, challenges, & opportunities
- Participate in discovery meetings, help conduct interviews, & translate identified needs into concrete learning objectives
- Identify, locate & curate content across many platforms
- Work with business partners to determine certification & professional development learning needs & pathways
- Design, develop, & implement measurement & evaluation strategies
- Write concise, creative, & effective instruction that in future could include storyboards, scripts & prototypes
- Adhere to training templates, standards, style guides & LMS specifications
- Work directly with technical subject matter experts to capture Support specific knowledge & translate into repeatable & measurable learning solutions
- Ensure that learning solutions incorporate best practices in adult learning theory
- Ensure the final project deliverables are the highest quality
- Provide input into work estimates & timelines
Key Skills & Experience:
- Familiar with adult learning principles, learning theories, & instructional methodologies & models, such as ADDIE, SAM, & Kirkpatricks Levels of Evaluation
- Familiar with industry best practices in facilitation, training, & blended learning solutions
- Familiar with audio & video, compression methods, file types, & formats
- Clear & effective writer with technical Learning & writing experience
- Action Oriented, innovative, & comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with best practices in behavioral & cognitive sciences
- Familiar with industry standard authoring tools
- Familiar with video authoring & editing tools such as Camtasia or Premier Pro
- Experience with Lessonly learning management system & authoring tool - Preferred
- Experience with Degreed learning platform - Preferred
- Experience with GitHub - Preferred
- Bachelors degree in Instructional Design, Education, Communication or English.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in design & development of instructional material in a corporate setting, producing creative learning solutions
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, & facilitation skills
- Strong level of professionalism, customer obsession, & a growth mindset
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, & to create the worlds most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come togetheras individuals & in teamsto create the future of software & make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, & create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused & creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds & lifestyles. We embrace diversity & invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.