Role: Claims Coordinator
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Management or Head of Claims
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology & a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, & best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasnt enough, its really just the beginning. Hippos true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Our fresh approach to home insurance clearly resonates with people. Hippo has grown 25% a month over the past year, has a customer satisfaction score more than double the industry average, & insures more than $50B in property value. Were seeking the most passionate & skilled talent to redefine the role insurance plays in peoples lives.
About This Role
Were seeking an organized, detail oriented, & effective Claims Coordinator to be the backbone of our Claims department!
- Highly organized with superb communication skills
- You are detail oriented, flexible & love to collaborate with others to ensure a superb customer experience
- You are responsive, attentive & enjoy working in a dynamic team environment
- Answering phone calls from customers regarding their claims
- Directing claims phone calls to the appropriate staff member
- Taking first reports of loss from our customers
- Compiling claims related reports
- Checking mail
- Scanning documents
- Special claims department projects including data entry, department efficiency & quality assurance.
- Flexible & willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced & dynamic
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PPT, Project)
- Bachelors degree & prior claims experience and/or working an insurance company prior preferred
Compensation & Perks
- Fun offices located in Austin, TX
- Fully stocked kitchen & catered lunch on Fridays
- Paid time off
- Full time salary based on experience & equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, & flexible spending accounts
- Fun, start-up environment -- casual dress, events, etc.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, & we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion.
Hippos applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippos People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.