BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
The Content Systems team builds the tools & services that bring BuzzFeed's content to life. Our engineering team is looking for a frontend developer to help us develop applications that creators use to make everything from lists to quizzes to long news features. This role is perfect for someone with a passion for digital media & who wants to work on projects with a global impact.
You'll report to a Engineering Manager in New York, surrounded by passionate people who are generous with their time & want to help you grow at BuzzFeed. You'll work with engineering, product, design, & data science colleagues globally across time zones.
- Develop features in our CMS & web platform to help us create, curate, & distribute BuzzFeed's posts to readers around the world
- Work with other software engineers, designers, product managers, & others to understand & shape work before it becomes code & after it ships to production
- Reach across the entire tech stack at BuzzFeed & get an understanding of large-scale media companies' architecture & operations
- You have 2 or more years of experience in software engineering
- You understand that the web is for everyone & build inclusive, accessible systems
- You are a passionate & product-focused engineer who enjoys contributing to & leading technical projects & working with engineers at all levels
- You value testing, instrumenting & documenting your work
- You adapt quickly to change & love to ship & iterate, building on new user research, insights & data
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.