At the Players' Tribune, we believe deeply in the power of an athlete's voice. We go beyond stats & scores to dimensionalize athletes through powerful, first-person storytelling. We believe sports is a prism for cultural & human stories, & that each of us at TPT serve as conduits through which those stories can be told. We're looking for an equally passionate team player to serve as an editorial fellow, who loves sports, seeks to tell authentic stories & who not only understands digital media but who also seeks to disrupt it
This will be a 3-month full time paid position (June - August)
- Work closely with the senior editorial team on each stage of a TPT story.
- Contributing thoughts, ideas & elbow grease is a fast-paced startup environment.
- Researching prospective stories, transcribing & having a willingness to wear different hats on different projects.
- Working in close proximity with editors as well as professional athletes.
- Pitching & helping execute stories (eventually).
- Currently in your Junior or Senior year of a Bachelors Degree
- The ideal candidate will have thorough research & writing skills, & no shortage of ideas
- A passion for sports & the type of storytelling we do at TPT. An encyclopedic knowledge of sports is not necessary (although it doesnt hurt) but an intern at TPT must deeply understand the nature of sports, i.e. the relevant terms, players & storylines.
- An avid appetite for sports media. At any given time you can rattle off the last great sports feature story you read (or hopefully worked on).
- A passion for writing & storytelling. You have a good sense that this is your calling.
- Experience being part of a team & owning a team player mentality
- Exceptional organizational skills & project management skills
- Experience with photoshop/video editing a plus.
- Have proper authorization to work in the United States
- Interns are non-exempt & will be paid an hourly rate of $15 per hour