SENIOR STRATEGIC SOURCING MANAGER
Senior Strategic Sourcing Managers collaborate with Engineering teams to ensure we have a high quality, cost effective supply base that is able to also deliver components to meet our production demand. As a Sourcing Manager, you will serve as the primary contact for internal teams & external partners/suppliers for sourcing & procurement. You'll identify key mechanical components, identify potential suppliers, drive DFx analysis, & build consensus cross functionally to qualify those suppliers. You'll lead & support the development, implementation & management of global strategies to provide Peloton with optimal flexibility, quality, & supply assurance. Working closely with Product Management, Hardware/ Software Engineering, Industrial Design, Quality Engineering & Operations teams, you will manage & maintain long-term supplier relationships.
- In depth knowledge of mechanical components & processes metal stamping, extrusions, castings, forgings, welding, plastic injection molding.
- Technical knowledge of tooling, tooling standards, mechanical & manufacturing processes
- Technical understanding of raw materials, metallurgy
- Proven track record & experience driving DFx methodologies with complex mechanical assemblies
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements & competitive landscape relative to mechanical commodity
- Lead robust supplier selection processes using market analysis, concise request for proposals (RFPs), data driven approach & should cost modeling.
- Lead quarterly executive business reviews presenting strategic sourcing plans that defines, among other things, market & business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities, SWOT analysis & strategic business objectives
- Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up, qualification, capacity planning, cycle time, takt time, yield analysis, assurance of supply & execution to project timelines/schedules
- Skilled negotiator driving supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, warranty, IP, indemnity.
- Drive & establish sourcing process & methodologies
- Masters degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing operations or consumer electronics environment
- 10+ years of direct experience in strategic sourcing/commodity management/global supply management
- Extensive knowledge & ME sourcing experience related to high end fitness equipment
- 7+ years of experience negotiating complex supply agreement & SOWs; understanding of key contracting provisions/requirements
- Extensive negotiation experience with global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. should cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Strong influencing skills & change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity & multiple priorities.