Magic Leap is seeking a Senior, Software Engineer, Cloud & DevOps to help the Solutions Design team deliver first-party applications that demonstrate the capabilities of the Magic Leap platform. We need a strong individual contributor with both a breadth & depth of technical skills & a deep understanding of backend services, cloud deployment, & continuous integration. You will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated group of engineers & designers building best-in-class AR applications. The qualified candidate needs to be a self-starter & able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Work closely with team members in an agile environment to deliver cloud solutions for customer-facing applications
- Participate in development planning & prioritization
- Implement clean & well-commented code
- Write tests that run in the deployment pipelines
- Participate in code reviews
- Create & maintain the CI/CD processes
- Ability to multi-task & manage priorities
- 6+ years working with cloud: AWS, GCP or Kubernetes support environment
- 7+ years of programing experience
- Experience using infrastructure as code tools such as terraform
- Understanding of containerization such as Docker
- Understanding of cloud architecture: scalability, reliability, isolation, IAM, etc.
- Experience with a variety of database technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL & Redis
- Experience with queues & pubsub technologies
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines.
- An understanding of networking protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP, REST, & gRPC
- Proficiency with Git
- Understanding of cloud security best practices
Nice to have:
- Experience with private cloud or on-premise deployments is a bonus
- Experience with AR/VR applications & platforms
- Experience with rapid development & remote collaboration
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.