About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is seeking an Editorial Director who excels in inspirational storytelling, content strategy, & evolving a sharp & compelling brand voice. This role will oversee creative storytelling across the business, elevate & tighten the brand voice, manage the copy team, & work closely with creative leadership. You will concept & develop big creative ideas while also being able to edit, guide, & mentor. This role will also be the keeper of the voice, brand standards.
As part of the creative leadership team, you will work closely with creative managers & be a leader & mentor to folks on the creative team. This role will also work closely with marketing partners across the business to ensure strategic, cohesive storytelling at key touchpoints. This role will be highly collaborative & cross-functional with senior leadership - you will work closely with senior marketers, VPs, & the founder. This role will sit on the creative team & will report to the Creative Director, VP.
What youll do:
- Conceptualize & develop strong, consistent brand narratives that educate & inspire & create meaningful engagement with our customers
- Ideate innovative big picture creative direction when it comes to copy, voice, & storytelling
- Work closely with the Creative Director, VP to hone & elevate the brand voice
- Work closely with marketing partners to deploy content strategy for cohesive, consistent storytelling
- Oversee the copy team & have big picture eyes on copy, mentoring, & growing copywriters
- Work closely with creative managers to streamline creative processes while leading & inspiring the creative team
- Work closely with marketing functions that produce content, guiding strategy, voice & actively editing when needed.
- Be a creative leader who is breaking boundaries & leading with hard work & positive energy
Who you are:
- 10+ years of copywriting experience, with at least 5 years of creative management & leadership.
- A brilliant writer with strong creative ideation
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines. Experience in fast-paced startups is a plus
- Deep experience in creative strategy, content strategy, & creative ideation
- Experience overseeing copy & content direction for a wide range of channels including email, print, web, paid media, out-of-home, & video.
- An expert people manager who can grow, mentor, & inspire direct reports.
- An expert if working through murky projects, prioritizing projects, & constantly presenting & implementing process solutions
- A knack for working cross-functionally & collaboratively efficiently & with ease
- Must have a portfolio of strong creative work with successful campaigns
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.