Appian is looking for an Architect to scale Appians technical solutions & enable Appians delivery teams. As an Appian Architect, you will be a key technical leader within Appians Customer Success team as well as a trusted technical advisor to Appians clients. In this role, not only do you become an expert at scaling process applications on our software, but also become business process experts in the various industries of our clients. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, product & business skills to make our customers & partners successful.
- You are an expert practitioner in software design with at least 5 years of hands-on technical experience & ideally, youre familiar with business process management in a consulting environment.
- You have experience with configuration, deployment, & testing of enterprise software applications in particular subject to agile delivery methodologies.
- You are passionate about technology, excited by tough challenges, & are a natural problem solver
- You have demonstrated past breakout success with enterprise software systems design & implementation.
- Youre at ease in client-facing situations & have had previous success presenting complex technical concepts & designs to a variety of audiences
- You intimately understand the federal procurement process & are not a stranger to RFPs, RFIs, etc.
- You have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field/degree
You will be successful in this role if you will be able to:
- Work directly with project stakeholders throughout the entire lifecycle of multiple projects to define, design, implement, & review business process based solutions.
- Work with teams to identify & remediate technical risks early in the application development lifecycle.
- Collect & review technical challenges with a team of architects & distill into common best practices & common solutions.
- Design & review complex solutions with Appian software & remove technical impediments.
- Contribute directly to the product feedback loop based on design patterns, field feedback, implementation challenges, & product features needed by Appian clients.
- Work with clients on all aspects of their program to drive technical success & efficiency, including version control, configuration management, & other DevOps practices.
- Guiding client enterprise architecture teams as needed during the design & implementation of scalable solutions.
- Drive Appian product adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
About Our Tech Stack:
Appians platform (PaaS) is built within a modern Java framework from front to back. On the front end, youll work with our unique patented language, SAIL. You'll get to work with across a variety of relational databases (SQL, MySQL) & architect systems using the latest enterprise integration tools & protocols (APIs, web services SOAP/REST, MuleSoft, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Office365). We also love experimenting with the latest in RPA (like BluePrism), AI, & machine learning tools (like Google ML). Our Platform as a Service is implemented on leading cloud providers like AWS. We pride ourselves in always practicing innovative development philosophies often drawn from agile principles.
Appian is an infrastructure product - not a luxury product. Our customers rely on us for mission-critical business process & case management. There is inherent stability in working for a company providing an enterprise software solution that is solving some of the worlds toughest business problems today. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, & ease that we are continually improving our internal use & feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned a position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces list for the last sixth consecutive years.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.