At ShopRunner, we connect consumers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace & a members-only service that provides benefits across 100+ of the top brands & retailers in the ecommerce space. We build products that provide a premier ecommerce experience by delivering elevated, data-driven content. The landscape of retail is changing & we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Lead Software Engineer at ShopRunner, youll be leading a high-performing engineering team in designing & developing our systems & preparing them to scale to the demands of millions of users. This might include ingesting data from our merchant partners, helping the data science team bring their data models to production, or modifying our core services & applications in our quest to help shoppers & retailers connect in new ways.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Lead an engineering team practicing Scrum as part of a 2 week sprint
- Analyze & evaluate existing technologies in order to plan & lead architectural improvements
- Lead the charge on scaling a personalized experience across multiple channels to anticipate shoppers needs through hyper-personalized & relevant recommendations
- Research, recommend, & implement new technologies
- Collaborate with other team members & stakeholders
- Help set technical standards & best practices while mentoring engineers
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years experience as a software engineer; experience being a leader on an agile software engineering team is a plus
- Knowledge in key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, & distributed applications
- A solid understanding of database concepts & experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience working in AWS, Docker, CI/CD pipeline is a plus
- Experience breaking down large, complex features into functionality that can be delivered incrementally in order to provide consistent value as part of a 2 week sprint
- Self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are & consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.