BentoBox puts restaurants online. We are transforming the hospitality industry by helping restaurants stay at the forefront of technology. Our simple & integrated platform gives restaurants industry-specific tools to manage their website & digital operations, delivered in a SaaS model. BentoBox powers industry leaders such as The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Roses Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
Were seeking a Product Design Lead to lead as a player-coach, inspiring best-in-class product experiences rooted in simple, intuitive design. The Product Design Lead will consider the restaurant industry & customer with every design decision in order to drive value & make a true impact.
- Manage, mentor, & grow a team of top-notch designers through effective reviews, thought partnership, & ongoing feedback
- Lead by example, participating in flows, design, prototypes, as needed
- Develop & advocate for a UI framework, patterns & component library that scales effortlessly as the BentoBox platform expands
- Leverage your knowledge of user-centric design process & tools to identify opportunities, test assumptions & validate designs throughout the product delivery cycle
- Manage multiple timelines & prioritize effectively based on business goals
- Partner with Engineering, Product & Marketing to execute on our roadmap
- Uphold BentoBoxs core mission, vision, & values
Skills & Attributes
- 6+ years experience as a product designer, interaction designer or digital designer preferably in SaaS applications. 2+ years experience leading design teams.
- Skilled at applying design frameworks to support business metrics - maintaining a balance between creativity, business needs, & what is best for the customer
- Passionate about improving team efficiency, streamlining processes & workflows within the design team & cross-functional teams
- Flexible & agile - you embrace change & growth & know how to lead a team through it
- Exceptional taste & eye for visual design - you design with purpose & with the BentoBox mission & product line in mind
- Confident presenting, advocating & iterating collaboratively
- Proficient with Sketch, prototyping & design tools
- Ability to prototype in browser a plus
- Competitive salary & equity
- Health insurance, including vision & dental
- Flexible vacation plan
- Friday lunches
- Culture perks like dinners at BentoBox customers, cocktail classes, etc.