Partner Success Managers own accelerating the development of the Appian practices at largest implementation partners, maximizing the commercial benefits to both Appian & our partners. They do this by:
- Developing enablement strategies to enhance partner Appian delivery capabilities
- Advising partners on building out & scaling their Appian practices
- Advising on delivery practices that help their customer be successful with Appian
- Engaging & educating senior partner stakeholders to realize increase the confidence in Appian
- Implementing practices & communication protocols that reduce the effort required to partner with Appian.
- Helping partners solution for the Government specific needs & constraints
Successful candidates must be highly motivated team players with expertise working in a fast paced, cross-functional manner. Candidates must also have the ability to establish broad senior level relationships within Appians federal partners.
Appian is currently seeking a Partner Success Manager to work with our Federal System Integrator (SI) partners.
- Experience Developing & Supporting Strategic Partnerships: Experience with creating & building differentiated relationships with partners in the SI community. A strategic thinker who is able to blend consulting & business strategy to develop compelling plans for new partner initiatives. Deep fluency in the mechanics & of the federal SI ecosystem & an understanding of their business & operating models.
- Technology Practice-Building Expertise: Deeply knowledgeable & credible in the steps necessary to build a successful Appian practice on a global scale.
- Stakeholder Management, Executive Presence & Communication: Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, from technical resources to senior partner executives. Able to challenge the perspective of others or manage difficult conversations when necessary.
- Foundation in Appian Technology, the Low-Code Market & Delivery Practices: Understands the basics of the Appian platform & how applications are built on it. UnderstandS the low-code market & Appians differentiation in that market. Understands general best practices related to project scoping, team staffing, technical development, & ongoing management of applications in Appian.
- Federal Acumen: Able to understand, solve, & advise the federal SIs on the unique challenges & constraints in the Federal space, such as federal contract vehicles, slow Agile adoption/adherence, mission critical nature of the solutions, stricter non-functional needs (such as accessibility, security, & performance), regulated usability guidelines, compliance to laws & regulations, authority to operate (ATO), DevOps automation requirements, self-managed infrastructure, & so-on.
- Proactivity/Bias Towards Action: Not content to sit back. Proactive posture in looking for ways to have an impact. Effective at translating important priorities into actionable plans & then driving execution on those plans.
- Problem Solving:Is a natural problem solver. Able to quickly get to the root cause of problems & identify the optimal path to a solution. Able to see problems in 3D, understanding various facets related to people, process or technology. Has grit & determination that enables them to find ways past obstacles & setbacks.
- Collaboration, Coordination, Connecting & Influencing: Effective communicator in both written & oral formats. Ability to influence others without direct reporting authority.
- Appian Skills Development & Enablement Planning & Execution: In partnership with practice leaders, develop an integrated Appian enablement plan for the partner organization practice & regularly review progress against that plan. Help the partner build critical capabilities that accelerate deal capture & project delivery success. Advise & influence the partner on solutioning the winning Appian-enabled teams in their bids.
- Appian Practice Development: Build & execute strategies for driving significant growth in annual Appian services revenues at targeted partner organizations. Accelerate partner Appian practice maturity & the development of key Appian program capabilities necessary for meaningful practice growth. Improve Appian mindshare within partner organizations & evangelize Appian benefits.
Develop Relationships with Key Stakeholders & Track Partnership 'Health- PSMs, working with Alliances, should map the partner organization & develop relationships with key stakeholders, expanding Appians footprint & influence within the partner. The PSM should track performance against practice growth goals.
- Identifying & Removing Barriers to Partner Project Success & Practice Growth: PSMs are responsible for understanding & attacking the key barriers to a partners ability to successfully deliver Appian projects & grow their business with Appian: these barriers may be related to technology solutions, process (e.g. Appian governance maturity) or people (e.g. team skills)
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required, masters preferred.
- 15 years of related experience in the enterprise technology field including project solution delivery, technology practice development, preferably Appian or similar enterprise platform solutions.
- Direct experience working in the Federal Space, preferably working with a Federal System Integrator and/or with an Appian Partner.
Appian is an infrastructure product - not a luxury product. Our customers rely on us for mission-critical business process & case management. There is inherent stability in working for a company providing an enterprise software solution that is solving some of the worlds toughest business problems today. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, & ease that we are continually improving our internal use & feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned a position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces list for the last six consecutive years.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.