Pelotons System Engineering team is looking for a skilled & highly motivated Senior Android BSP engineer interested in being a part of a global team working on the next generation Peloton platform based on Android. Previous experience in working on projects at a system level is a plus. The ideal candidate would be able to work across core components of the Android software stack to develop new software modules as well as debug & integrate existing solutions that are generic across multiple infotainment platforms.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of embedded software development or testing in embedded C/C++
- Experience developing & debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experience working on the core Android stack, especially with the framework, HAL, and/or Linux kernel
- Strong understanding of ARM architecture
- Strong understanding of operating systems such as Android & Linux, BSP development, Android build system & Linux kernel driver development
- Strong understanding of Git/Gerrit
- Experience working in a CI environment
- Ability to mentor, coach & lead other team members
- A passion for developing new products, & experience working the complete SW development life cycle.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Take ownership of & maintain Android BSP for various Peloton products
- Analyze requirements & specifications & translate them into software designs
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms
- Test software designs & code at the unit & system level to ensure that all requirements are met & the highest software quality is achieved
- Participate in internal & customer-driven design reviews
- Coordinate software development activities with the software Team Lead
- Identify product requirement or performance issues & work with the software Team Lead to negotiate a resolution
- Communicate with peers inside Peloton to coordinate software development, including occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups
- Manages projects & technical resources, including planning, estimating & developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process
- Direct the work of 1-2 other engineers.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.