VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm. Initiated in 2018, it officially launched in 2020 as a new type of firm for modern brands to partner with to drive sustainable growth. VaynerCommerce is a digital-first firm that takes an engineering approach to driving sustainable growth. It was started by former early Shopify Plus employees, & was born from the frustration that brands were left with no good options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce services as a strategic partner, with an implementation arm across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, & merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their Direct-to-consumer business. VaynerCommerce works across Fortune 100, Venture Capital, & Private Equity-backed consumer brands.
Were rigorous about how we build our team, & the work we focus on. Were building some of the most complex solutions in the world of Commerce which requires hard work, collaborative teams, & creative problem solving.
What You Will Do:
The VP of Technology Practice will lead the Product Management & Tech Services practice. The practice is responsible for building out end-to-end ecommerce products for our clients & providing best-in-class technology consulting services. This role is focused on building out the practice including business development, product development, & managing the practice team. This role will require great leadership skills as well as the ability to grow a business unit.
You are exceptional at building a vision, & leading people towards executing that vision. You can develop a holistic understanding of clients businesses & think strategically about how to help them build & deliver successful ecommerce technology products that meet their business objectives. You have proven experience building technology products. You understand & appreciate the scientific method & also know when to adapt to changes quickly. You are a strategic thinker, connecting the dots between data & financial results to create & advocate for your own strategies to drive growth. The ideal candidate has a proactive approach, can juggle multiple responsibilities & excels under pressure. They are comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
- Establish shared vision by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Lead the ideation, technical development, & launch of innovative ecommerce products that allow clients meet their business objectives
- Manage & grow a team of product managers & tech strategists, while also expanding existing product workstreams
- Integrate usability studies, research, & market analysis into product requirements in order to provide clients with performance-optimized solutions
- Define & analyze metrics that inform the success of products, & scale cross-functional efforts
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid & creative solutions are the norm
- Drive the strategy for a portfolio of products to create a deliberate plan & a cohesive strategy
- Foster tight partnerships with engineering, business development, & growth
- Proactively communicate plans & accomplishments & ensure alignment with senior leadership
- Manage & grow the practice P&L through new business opportunities & client retention
- Sell to & manage Fortune 100 executives, Investors, & Founders
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree (or proof of high fluid intelligence)
- 6+ years of experience in product management or similar function
- 4+ years experience managing a team
- Experience in business development or selling solutions into executives
- Experience in ecommerce strategy, UI/UX strategy, technology
- Experience leading & managing product management or engineering teams
- Startup experience is a plus, but if you fit the qualities above you'll understand what we need
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Sales skills
- Quick learner
- High EQ
- Passionate about building the next generation of innovative, performance-optimized ecommerce technology products
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial company & drive immediate results