At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
As a Technical Program Manager, you will join the Infrastructure team responsible for architecting, engineering, provisioning, & managing all types of capacity serving Cloudflare & our customers.
What you'll do
- Lead complex, multi-disciplinary datacenter & network expansion projects using your ISP & networking expertise.
- Engage with internal customers to plan requirements & deliver cross functional projects & clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- Work with different teams to ensure capacity is available when & where it's needed.
- Measure & monitor current utilization against SLA & drive to continuously improve the processes & performances toward interval, quality & cost metrics.
- Manage network portfolio of IP-Transit, peering & transport providers towards tighter delivery execution with our PoP operations & deployment team
- Develop mutually favorable relationships with vendors & collaborate to improve delivery processes & scorecards.
- Act as an external point of contact to coordinate service & operational support from vendors.
- Provide project management & liaison support for complex & cross functional projects
- Streamline processes & work closely with developers to improve the workflow, inventory & provisioning systems
- Create tickets as blueprints to ensure proper sequence of components & dependencies are fulfilled
- Provide updates within the ticket system; including communicating vendor provisioning/install lead times
- Update & maintain circuit database in addition to other tools which store site information & inventory
- Develop effective communication & teamwork with internal customers & vendors
Examples of desired skills, knowledge & expereince
- Experience with internet network and/or data center infrastructure
- Understanding of project management & agile development methods is a plus
- University degree or equivalent practical experience is required; MBA or graduate degree in a related field is a plus
- At least 3 years of experience in ISP network technologies with a solid understanding of internet infrastructure fundamentals such as BGP, peering, transit, transport & content proxy caching.
- Experience with inter-connectivity requirements within carrier hotels including unique patch panel types and/or configurations, fiber cabling infrastructure, connector types
- Strong background working with spreadsheet, project management tools & network inventory management systems
- Familiarity with Data Center & network Colocation infrastructure
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.