Who We Are:
Were building the future of real estate today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers & sellers to partner with top real estate agents & win at any step of the real estate journey, whether thats finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, & satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. Were committed to diversity both internally & externally through programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program with NAREB. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
We are a 100% resale/purchase business (no-refis) & we do not expect you to do business development.
Who you are:
You are the key to home ownership. As an Escrow Officer/Closer, youre the human link between our process & people. Youre there at the beginning, reviewing contracts & following instructions. Youre there in the middle, ensuring that all the associated paperwork is completed efficiently & accurately. Youre working with agents & their clients to keep the process moving forward, verifying that titles are clean, taxes are paid, & loans are funded. Finally, youre there at the end, to assure that no funds or property will change hands until all terms have been carried to completion.
- Trusted consultant, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude that gives agents & home buyers alike the confidence that their transaction is in reliable, good hands & will be completed on time.
- Problem solver, using your industry knowledge to identify potential issues; recognizing whats wrong, knowing how to fix it & avoiding unnecessary delays.
- Constant learner, staying on top of changing rules & regulations to avoid setbacks & enable transactions to close on time.
- People reader, recognizing & adapting to an agents or homebuyers personality & mood to make them feel comfortable, even when delivering bad news; showing empathy to ease their frustration & give them confidence that youre in their corner.
- Multi-tasker, highly organized, being able to work a large number of contracts with numerous agents, buyers & sellers simultaneously under deadline pressure
What Youll Do Here:
- A to Z: Knowing the intricacies of the contract from beginning to end, ensuring that it is closed in a timely, efficient & error-free manner.
- Devoted to detail: Verifying all paperwork is complete so that escrow closes on time & correctly.
- Following the money: Working with lenders & underwriters to ensure that all the Is are dotted & Ts are crossed to fund & complete transactions.
- Relationship building: Establishing & maintaining relationships with essential industry players agents, attorneys, lenders, surveyors & government agencies that enable you to smoothly manage transactions.
- Business builder: Earning the confidence & trust of new agents & creating opportunities to market our business; retaining agents by providing them with white-glove service.
- Talent builder: Training escrow assistants to open opportunities for advancement; delegating, auditing work, answering questions & giving direction.
- Sealing the deal: Being present at closing & making it a positive, memorable experience for agents & buyers.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent; take continuing education courses as required.
- Experience: Two to three years of escrow experience, both front- & back-end experience.
- Certification: Notary public & escrow officer licenses as per local regulatory requirements (Eg. in CA we require California Land Title Association requirements to qualify as an Onsite Manager for the California Department of Insurance).
- Industry awareness: Technical knowledge of closing process.
- Computer skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Communications skills: Strong written & verbal skills to keep agents, buyers, sellers & all other parties up to date with the process & work with them to resolve issues.