Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, & seamless.
At Compass were building a design culture focused on user experience. Understanding peoples behaviors, needs & the way they work is critical to building successful products. As a Senior User Researcher, youll join group of talented individuals tasked with delivering an exceptional user experience for diverse stakeholders across many digital products & devices. In this role, youll cultivate & expand the user research competency within the broader User Experience team. Youll nurture empathy & understanding for real estate agents & their clients as well as new customers learning about the home buying & selling process.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead the discovery, prototyping & iteration phases of each project: conducting research, gathering requirements from internal stakeholders & end-users, & analyzing behavioral data from primary research
- Assume overall responsibility for research methodologies that are leveraged & incorporated throughout the software development lifecycle, incorporating end-user data & feedback into each iteration of the development process
- Employ a variety of qualitative & quantitative techniques, including contextual inquiry, moderated/unmoderated studies, usability testing, A/B testing, ethnography, surveys, expert interviews & persona development
- Plan, design, & conduct up-front product opportunity research, surveys, lab-based & field usability evaluation of products & prototypes; test UX flows at different stages of the development lifecycle using wireframes, functional mockups, full websites experiences, etc.
- Effectively synthesize research findings into actionable insights & guidance for the product management & UX/design teams through the use of personas, mental models, customer journeys, usability reports, etc. You will then communicate these insights broadly throughout R&D, the executive team, support staff, & our agents in order to educate & drive awareness; if you are successful, this guidance will meaningfully influence feature product ideation, prioritization & development by identifying & answering key questions about user needs, behaviors & benefits
- Implement scalable, ongoing user testing of live products to report on potential barriers to adoption/engagement, all aspects of usability, & opportunities for improvement, both from a UX & product/feature perspective
- Build productive relationships with product managers, designers, developers, agents & staff across the company so that you can act both as a preferred collaborator in developing great products & as a well-informed advocate for the user
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of UX research experience in software or web product development where user adoption & engagement were top priorities
- Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in a field such as Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Engineering Psychology, or equivalent experience
- High proficiency in planning, designing, recruiting for, & moderating research activities
- Expertise in scoping research projects & determining the appropriate qualitative & quantitative research methods to apply
- Familiarity with all aspects of the product development lifecycle, including up-front research & discovery, definition, & analysis of requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including technical developers, business leaders, & end users
- Demonstrated experience conducting research throughout an agile software development process
- A trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders who can deliver insights that lead to demonstrable business value
- Ability to articulate findings from user research to design, engineering & product leadership & the temperament to be a strong advocate for the role of research in product management
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.