Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building meaningful long term relationships with our customers that help them grow & scale their business in the cloud & create experiences that they love.
The Senior Manager of Marketing Analytics & Operations will lead a team to enable the marketing organization to change the trajectory of self-service revenue. They will partner with marketing stakeholders & other business leaders to optimize performance, uncover new growth opportunities, & lead strategic initiatives to better leverage data for the marketing use case. They will be a strong advocate for the marketing team, & represent their needs & challenges with cross-functional leadership. They will be able to confidently tell the story of self-service revenue through data.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Map out the customer acquisition & product activation funnels to help the marketing team size growth initiatives, make educated decisions about how to prioritize their efforts, & understand their contribution to self-service revenue
- Leverage funnel data & trends to proactively find opportunities & monitor risks for the self-service revenue channel
- Establish a regular cadence of reporting to give marketing stakeholders & DigitalOcean leadership a deeper understanding of the outcomes of growth interventions & progress towards goals
- Partner closely with the Data team to create new reporting definitions as needed, as well as communicating requirements for reporting automation & dashboard creation
- Review existing behavioral tracking & data collection practices, create a plan to improve these processes, & work to move the data architecture & operations forward
- Serve as the connective tissue across teams (including Compliance, Product & Engineering), working to share knowledge & develop a common understanding of the impact cross-functional projects will have on revenue
- Build, lead & mentor a team that will deliver insights to drive the marketing investments & decision-making needed for growth
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience acting as a thought partner to marketing team leaders in extracting useful insights from the data & documenting trends
- Experience managing & mentoring analysts
- A deep understanding of Marketing tech stack & the ability to make quick decisions based on data & business demands
- A meticulously process & detail oriented mindset, comfortable with ambiguity & change
- Experience at high-growth cloud computing or developer services companies
- A background in Revenue Marketing & self-service marketing activities
- Extensive experience managing complex marketing systems, marketing automation, data privacy, & reporting
- The ability to distill complex marketing systems issues into structured frameworks & concrete action plans
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!