TheFork, a TripAdvisor Company, is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia & Latin America, with a network of more than 80k restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits & present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants & diners.
We are looking for an architect to join our Architecture team, to drive the technical strategy of the platform that powers TheFork & supports its growth.
Why should you join us?
You are passionate about technology & comfortable in an international & agile environment. You are ready for the challenge of a high volume for millions of users & thousands of restaurants worldwide.
Our technical platform is in constant evolution: were industrializing our AWS-hosted microservice architecture & working on the building blocks that enable The Forks engineering teams to build a fantastic product.
As a member of the Architecture team, you are the link between the high-level architectural decisions we take together & the mission teams. The Architecture team belongs to the central Platform domain, & you will work closely with developers, testers & product managers of other domains. You report to the Head of Architecture.
Platform domain is one of the 4 Product & Engineering (P&E) domains which compose TheFork. The other domains are Demand, Supply & Payment. Platform domain is composed of QA, DevOps, SecOps, Architects & 2 dev teams. The Platform domain's main responsibility is to
- empower engineers to confidently deliver solutions with quality, performance & scalability
- support the technical platform & its scalability
Architects are versatile: you must be at ease solving complex problems by digging into the implementation as well as communicating with people to ensure our organization works well & we deliver high quality products.
The Architecture team also owns some of the building blocks we use to ensure the application of our architectural rules & guidelines.
You will work on the following subjects :
- Supporting our mission teams in solving complex problems by designing solutions, helping the mission teams to implement them, & ensuring we all move towards our architectural targets
- Discuss enterprise-wide topics, participate in taking decisions, & ensure these decisions are applied.
- You will be a mission-critical information relay by relaying the needs & constraints of the mission teams & also being the voice of the architecture team back down to the mission teams.
- Working with other architects to build our building blocks.
- You have a solid technical background in web & cloud technologies (> 10 years). Experience in a fast scaling company, working in the cloud with microservices would certainly be a plus.
- You already have a significant experience as technical lead or architect (>2 years)
- You have strong oral & written skills & know how to adapt your communication to the people you are talking to
- You are rigorous, dynamic & curious, equipped with an agile mindset & a strong team spirit that allow you to adapt to a changing environment
- You are data-driven
- You have experience with architectural patterns of large-scale applications
- You are comfortable writing & speaking in both English
TheFork & TripAdvisor Core Values
- Speed wins
- We never stop learning
- Act as an owner
- We are better together
- We love our customers
- We believe in transparency
What do we offer ?
- Being part of hyper growth digital player with international teams & with a winning company culture (balance long-term perspective with accountability, leverage learning & innovation, increase internal cohesion, build a caring environment)
- Yearly bonus based on performance
- Restricted Stock Units
- Hybrid working environment
- Company Welfare
- Lifestyle benefit
- Health Coverage
- Meal Vouchers
- Life & long term disability insurance
- Parental leave 30 days
- Linkedin learning access
- Employee assistance plan & worklife (Optum)
- Viators discount
- Hertz gold plus reward membership
- Calm app access