Index Exchange is looking for a Facilities Assistant to join our team. Together with our Workplace team you will assist with the daily operation & coordination of our office in North York, to provide a friendly, fun & healthy working environment. You will provide a full range of internal & external support services for a range of departments.
Heres what youll be doing:
- Learn, support & execute the processes that support the daily operations
- Maintain cleanliness of offices
- Procurement & maintenance of supplies; Snacks, Coffee, Tea, cleaning supplies, office supplies, Xerox supplies, juice, pops, water bottles
- Keep kitchens & supply areas stocked
- Receiving inventory & verifying pack list quantities & quality of products
- Matching, reviewing & preparing invoices for manager approvals
- Assist in setting up internal events & client meetings
- Daily Clean of all interior & exterior touch points
- Daily monitoring & cleaning of meeting room windows, doors & sills if needed
- Daily meeting room review of equipment & markers, & for general tidiness & organization
- Building entrances need to be monitored for removal of all litter, debris & trash
- Seasonal snow shoveling at all building entrances & distribution of ice melt when & where required
- Removal of trash from trash cans/receptacles on the exterior property & replacement of trash can liners. Clean trash cans & receptacles monthly
- Complete assigned service requests, including, but not limited to: moving of office-related furniture, equipment & supplies on an as-needed basis
- Inspect all washrooms, multiple times each day, for cleanliness & replenishment of soap, hand towels, toilet paper, sanitary products.
- Front Desk coverage for lunches & as needed
- Team rotational Workplace Help Desk coverage & processing
Heres what you have:
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Commitment to training & skills development, or specialized training related to the job
- Strong communication Skills: Verbal, written & listening
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strength & Stamina: lifting of heavy objects & lengthy amount of time standing;
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask, organize, & prioritize
- Ladder safety training
- WHMIS training
- First Aid training
- 1 year work experience
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.