Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, weve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, & do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start dates: May 17th & June 7th
The Mailchimp in-house creative team is a diverse, multidisciplinary motley crew of courageous souls & fearless thinkers, made up of award-winning designers, art directors & copywriters, animators, content specialists, & creative directors, photographers, videographers, & editors. Through our work, we champion & inspire the small business underdog. We do full 360 campaigns working with some of the most talented artists, production companies, & agencies in the world. Were a relatively new team with the goal of becoming an in-house agency of the year within the next two years.
Our team is looking for creative folks who are humble but hungry. Who has heart & hustle. Who care about the craft & love the idea of making work that falls somewhere in between the category of expert & absurdist. Folks who arent afraid to fail, who are ready to learn, roll up their sleeves & get down to business. We want folks who are curious & clever, who have outside passions & interests as well as a point-of-view. Were looking for people to add to the work. To challenge us & the status quo. Who wants to help us make a dent in pop culture & the small business marketing platform world. We also want folks who care about small business & everything that comes with it, & most importantly, we want folks who are willing to give it everything they have in hopes of making the best work of their lives.
What youll do:
- At Mailchimp, our in-house creative team does a lot. But this copywriter & art director duo will help concept on everything from high-level brand campaigns to small level social initiatives & everything in between including, emails, events, annual reports, branded content, internal videos, games, branded swag, & other Mailchimp brand initiatives. This dynamic duo will be treated as a working extension of the team, supporting senior creatives & managing their projects while working with creative ops & creative directors. Theyll take part in creative reviews; theyll present their work out to the team, participate in shoots, shadow different disciplines, & soak up as much info as they can. We hope this team can inspire us just as much as we want to inspire them.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have passion & interest in creative advertising & design
- You have a well rounded portfolio of original & interesting work with a focus on craft & creative problem solving
- You have working knowledge of the Adobe suite of products, familiar with After Effects or editorial software
- You are familiar with camera work & coding is a bonus
- You are skilled in Keynote or Google Slides & comfortable making presentation decks
- You should be either on the art or copy track or in a creative design school or advertising portfolio program
- You are a team player who is ready to contribute to our merry band of misfits & makers
- You can apply jointly as a team (art director & copywriter) or solo as an individual creative (art director or copywriter) that well pair later
- If applying as a team - both parties must complete an application & put your partners name below in the specified box
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.