1 Big Thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy content in an audience-first format. This year, we celebrated a major milestone, launching a SaaS product for corporate communications called Axios HQ. We are looking for an effective & empathetic leader to manage our growing team of sales & account management associates. Read more about Axios HQ in the Wall Street Journal.
Why it Matters: As the lead of our early-career talent on the Axios HQ sales & account management teams, this Sales Development Manager will help hire, coach, & develop our growing team of associates. Axios HQs associates play a critical role in driving revenue & delivering an exceptional experience for the clients of this recently launched product. This role will report to & partner closely with our VP of Sales to create & implement processes & systems to maximize the output, performance & potential of our early-career team members.
The details: Responsibilities for this role include:
- Oversee all aspects of daily operations for sales & account management associates, including hiring, training, coaching & development, & performance management.
- Collaborate closely with sales & marketing leadership to create & drive new business & renewal interactions through various outreach & retention campaigns.
- As Axios HQ scales as a product, build scripting playbooks, outreach strategies, & KPIs to drive success across the associate ranks.
- Spot challenges & inefficiencies in the performance of associates & quickly redirect to drive improvements
Go deeper: Ideal candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative, exhibit a passion for building something new, & have the following experience:
- Exceptional emotional intelligence with a proven track record of coaching & developing high-potential early-career commercial talent
- Direct experience managing entry-level or early-career professionals in a sales or commercial environment
- Ability to understand the formula for driving top-of-funnel activity in order to drive toward revenue goals & milestones
- Strong track record of building processes, infrastructure, & performance playbooks from the ground-up
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- A deep belief in & commitment to maintaining a diverse & inclusive team environment
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per month
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents & caretakers
- Access to the Axios Family Fund, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events