About the Role
The Infrastructure Services team is a customer centric & highly visible team that plays a critical role in managing & monitoring SecurityScorecards infrastructure, & offering IT support to employees at all levels across the organization. In this high impact role, the IS Engineer will respond to employee tickets & partner with our Senior Manager of IS to research vendors, implement software, hardware, & design & automate systems. You will also troubleshoot outages, test applications, & identify opportunities to make improvements through automation & implementing optimizations.
This is an exciting opportunity for a technically savvy & customer service oriented self-starter who desires a role with end-to-end responsibility.
- Day to day support including onboarding & offboarding employees, provisioning accounts & new hardware, resolving software & hardware issues on Mac & Windows laptops
- Resolve server, storage, & IT systems outages
- Review, configure, test & maintain existing & new IT systems, software solutions & system management tools
- Monitor & test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, & work with developers & vendors to implement those fixes
- Monitor network performance, be able to troubleshoot wireless & internet connectivity issues
- Participate in the design of information & operational support systems. Identify opportunities to improve IT operations. (Analyze how quickly tickets are getting responded to, general analysis of systems & how to do better)
- Maintain minimum security baseline requirements for all IT systems
- Host, support, & run company meeting events & presentations
- Documentation of systems & user guides for systems & software, communication of issues & solutions to the end users
- Microsoft Active Directory, Google Administration, email & DNS troubleshooting
- Participate in systems automation (automating repetitive tasks), process improvement, reporting & analysis
Skills & Experience
- AS/BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Engineering, or a related subject, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years in a help desk or systems administration role
- Proven experience in the design, development, & implementation of software systems & applications
- Understanding of systems planning, security principles, & software management best practices
- Understanding of basic PC hardware, Mac & Windows OS
- Ability to generate technical requirements for new services and/or problem resolution
- Expert/Mid-level knowledge of global Active Directory & Google Administration
- Expert/Mid-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows & Mac Desktop Operating Systems
- Familiarity with Windows Server & Linux administration
- Experience with virtualization & containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with Cloud platforms (i.e., AWS) & enterprise storage solutions
- Familiarity with the principles & practice of configuration management & change control
- Familiarity with automation, monitoring & systems management tools (we use MDM Endpoint Management)
- Experience with Cloud IaaS, SaaS & single sign-on technologies
- Log management for reporting & analytics
Bonus Skills & Qualifications
- A+ , Network+, Security+, ACMT or similar certifications preferred
- Knowledge of network engineering preferred
- Proficiency in one or more administrative scripting languages (e.g., Python, VBScript, Windows PowerShell)
- Customer centric; enjoys interacting with people & motivated to provide excellent customer service
- Intellectual curiosity; strives for continuous learning
- Outcomes focused; ability to tackle immediate needs with urgency & accuracy, & identify opportunities for improvements over time
- Self motivated & comfortable with ambiguity & in a rapidly changing environment
At SecurityScorecard, we are revolutionizing the cyber security industry, & we want YOUto be part of the change! Our platform has created a new category of enterprise software, which companies worldwide rely on to manage the cyber security posture of their vendors. We are on a mission to create a new language for companies & their partners to communicate, understand, & improve each others security posture.
We want you to join us on this mission.
Backed by Sequoia & Google Ventures, we are growing tremendously year over year. As we scale, so does our need for talent - if you are intellectually curious & excited by the idea of contributing to a high-growth startup, wed love to talk to you.