FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Paddy Power Betfair plc, a leading international sports betting & gaming operator & a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
About the role
An exciting opportunity to join the new Sportsbook Risk & Trading Team at FanDuel. Leveraging cutting edge tools & both global & local expertise to ensure a best-in-class betting product offering for our customers.Risk & Trading operates most effectively as an integrated part of the overall FanDuel business. Arrive at better decisions together through collaboration & aligning on achieving common goals for our customers is of paramount importance.
The role requires a strong interest & knowledge of Baseball. Should suit commercially minded & numerate individual, who enjoys working out probabilities, with good attention to detail & ability to collaborate & work as part of cross functional teams.If you are adaptable, well organized, can make good decisions under pressure & enjoy being in the heart of the action then this may be the role for you.Integrity, low ego & collaboration are key values in the Risk & Trading teamThe role requires work outside of normal business hours including weekends.
- Owning pre-live pricing on Baseball including player related markets
- Agility to also price betting opportunities across a variety of domestic sports as needed & attending to request-a-bets for customers (in the off-season in particular youll be assisting in other sports)
- The role of a trader is not to predict an outcome; only to assign probabilities to all potential outcomes
- Best-in-world betting product offering for baseball customers
- Increase the range of events & markets offered
- Continuous improvement in pricing techniques; both on your own pricing & working with modelling & development teams to optimize model pricing
- Display optimization
- Ensuring compliance with market regulations
- Timely set up & settlement
- Identify & remove customer pain points
- Competitor benchmarking
- Mostly baseball but some other sports as needed
- Live trading will mostly be done by other team members & global colleagues
- Accountable for P&L performance reporting & revenue optimization on baseball
- Drawing insights from data to inform commercial business decisions
- Clearly articulated, customer centric baseball pricing strategy
- Price-led promo strategy for baseball to acquire, retain & entertain our customers
- Betting product strategy how we get to & then remain best in world product offering on baseball
The Risk & Trading team operates most effectively as a collaborative & integrated part of the wider business. This means collaborating with
- global Trading teams to provide best-in-class holistic betting experience & ensure prices in line with trading positions/strategies
- with the Risk team to manage liabilities & to help profile & segment customers
- Customer Service & Retail Operations team to identify & remove customer pain points
- Promos & UX teams to launch innovative new offerings to customers
- brand, PR & marketing teams to create compelling & unique betting content for our customers
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Degree in statistics, mathematics or business-related field
- In-depth knowledge of baseball
- An understanding of betting, statistics & probability
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience in the use of the Office suite; most notably Excel & Outlook
- Knowledge of sports betting industry a plus
- Commercially savvy
- Strong attention to detail
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- 401K plan
- Attractive healthcare plans
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.