We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
About the role:
Were looking for a thoughtful, curious & innovative Copy & Brand Voice lead to oversee voice & storytelling at Birchbox. This role will lead a team of full-time & contract writers, managing all things written word; from category content, to video scripts to print & packaging. The Copy & Brand voice lead will work closely with creative, merchandising & marketing partners to elevate the brand vision & voice to create best-in-class creative. Ultimately, the Copy & Brand Voice Lead is responsible for maintaining the quality of Birchboxs voice.
The right candidate is a talented writer/editor & inspiring leader & team buildertheyre someone who can see the big picture & sweat the details.
For you, diversity isnt just a buzzword or challenge, but rather an opportunity & school of thought you use to drive creativity, collaboration, & innovation in all that you do.You find & appreciate diversity across multiple dimensions, & understand the importance of telling a myriad of stories in the content we put out.
- Oversee all copy across the site, in Box, brand, email, & physical store channels
- Spearhead & evolve the Birchbox brand voice, inspiring & advocating for creative excellence. Craft Birchboxs experience with words & stories
- Work with merchandising & marketing partners to translate stories for audience
- Writing & leading key story-driven creative work
- Writing the monthly box product card
- Grow & scale the copy team to support business needs
- Work closely with the Director of Content & Community to ideate & execute new storytelling initiatives
Your experience & skills:
- 7+ years related experience
- Significant agency and/or in house experience a must. Journalism background a bonus.
- Experience creating, managing & writing to a brand voice - you have a strong portfolio showcasing a solid body of work
- You like helping peoples understanding of a given product
- Proven leadership & communication skills
- Journalistic rigor; a passion for getting to the bottom of things
- Able to effectively partner with various key stakeholders & manage multiple projects at once
- Work with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Beauty experience is not required
Birchbox provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.