About This Position
As a member of the Client Services team at Ellevest, youll be instrumental in developing innovative ways to support our clients financial goals. The focus of this position will be supporting IRA & brokerage account transfers & 401(k) & 403(b) rollovers. Candidates should have experience in client-facing financial services, & should be excited to make innovative improvements to existing processes. This individual should also be an excellent communicator who can work closely with clients, providing guidance & reassurance throughout the transfer process.
- Act as a brand ambassador for Ellevest
- Effectively solve client inquiries via multiple channels (email, phone, text etc.)
- Provide white glove service to help clients navigate the rollover & transfer process
- Coordinate with internal teams & with our custodian to process rollovers & transfers
- Analyze & document client retirement plan details for best interest analysis
- Monitor & contribute to metrics to ensure that asset goals are met
- Develop procedures to comply with regulatory & compliance requirements
- Identify opportunities for growth & improvement within the team
- Support Client Experience Associates during high volume
- Bachelors degree required
- 1-3 years of financial services industry experience in a client-facing role
- Experience working with brokerage & IRA account transfers, as well as employer-sponsored retirement solutions
- Meticulous attention to detail & organizational skills; able to juggle multiple priorities
- Exceptional communication skills across multiple channels including email, phone, & chat
- Tenacious problem-solving mindset with strong follow-through & ownership
- True team mentality committed to learning from & teaching others
- Demonstrated ability to establish & improve upon processes
- Passion for our women-oriented mission & the ability to articulate it!
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, & retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a womans longer lifespan & different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevests unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where individuals can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2019, for the second year in a row, Ellevest was awarded a spot on CNBC's Disruptor 50 list --identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech & business shifts. In 2018, Ellevest was awarded the #14 spot on LinkedIns list of most sought-after startups. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas, & CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We are working every day to make this a reality, & create a brand & a service that closes the female money gap.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.