Analyst - Revenue Intelligence
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What were looking for:
Analytics professionals focused on Revenue Intelligence at Skillz work on a wide variety of questions & issues. You will work in domains such as:
- Designing & building new tooling & dashboarding to better understand our player base
- Running & analyzing impactful A/B experiments to optimize the user experience
- Assessing & improving system performance & player engagement to support revenue health
- Driving improvements in internal data processes & systems to enable the company to scale
Regardless of the project, you will function as a data-driven decision maker & deliver recommendations to drive Skillz forward.
- Mine & analyze data from company databases to drive optimization & improvement of product development, marketing techniques & business strategies.
- Support highly visible data & strategy projects, collaborating cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, & develop solutions
- Support our understanding of customer behaviors & life cycles, such as user engagement, conversion, & churn
- Work with internal data engineering team to automate model implementation
- Design, develop, & share reports & dashboards used by the entire company every day
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives & other stakeholders
- 2+ years experience
- Inquisitive mindset with a Bachelors degree in business, economics, engineering, computer science, or mathematics preferred
- Professional experience using data visualization platforms, SQL, & connecting data insights to strategy
- Prior roles in data science, business intelligence, or strategy & insights function preferred
- Experience working on cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical & business teams
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing & applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Honesty in developing & sharing insights gained from our user data