Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We are looking for a Channels & Alliances Manager to join our growing Channels team. In this role, you will grow Cockroach Labs Cloud, Marketplace & ecosystem partnerships through engagement, training, & enablement. You will work closely with the Head of Channel Sales, the VP of Sales, & other members of the team to deliver significant growth.
- Execute the defined business development strategy, policies, objectives & initiatives to achieve revenue, profit & growth targets.
- Work closely with the team leads for AWS, GCP, & Red Hat/IBM to build regional relationships that will grow the global partnerships.
- Identify & recruit key ecosystem partners in the region.
- Develop, manage, & report on partner funnel & provide accurate & timely forecasts, leveraging Salesforce & other company tools.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB & become proficient in the product & our approach to partnerships. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully grasp Cockroach Labs' strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have the ability to effectively participate in conversations with partners.
After 60 days, you'll be leading conversations with prospective partners. You will also be leading field engagement & enablement efforts with existing partners.
Within 90 days, you will be proactively recruiting & managing partners. You will also be developing go to market plans, enablement activities, & leading business reviews with partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant channel sales experience.
- Demonstrated experience in early recruiting, managing, & driving sales with partners.
- Strong process orientation & ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including ability to communicate both internally & with partners & customers.
Jen Murphy - Head of Channel Sales
Jen has more than 25 years of software channel experience. During that time, she has defined & executed programs targeting Cloud, system integrator, reseller, & technology partners for public & private organizations. She also built global teams to support those partnerships. Prior to joining Cockroach, She held channel leadership roles with Turbonomic, HashiCorp, Hortonworks, Novell, Vistaprint, Allaire, & Cognos & has received CRN's Women of the Channel (2019, 2018, 2017), Channel Chief (2018), & Power 100 (2017) awards. Jen lives outside of Boston in Stow, MA with her husband, daughter who is a first year student at Skidmore College, & their 9 year old Bernese Mountain Dog. She is an avid skier, fair weather golfer, & last fall she ran her first half marathon.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.