Flashpoint delivers actionable intelligence that empowers organizations of all sizes to take rapid, decisive actions to protect against threats. The company's technology, advanced data collections, & human-powered analysis uniquely enable teams to mitigate threats related to cybersecurity, fraud, insider threats, corporate & physical security, executive protection, & third-party risk. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What we are looking for:
As an engineer on the Indicators team, you will support the backend apps & customer-facing APIs that deliver Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) & other technical data to customers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will work closely with your engineering team & our threat-hunting team to provide customers with vetted, relevant, & fresh data that they can use for identifying patterns, predicting attacks, & profiling threats.
What you will bring:
We're not concerned about where you went to school; actual experience & the ability to productionize applications is far more interesting.
This role requires you to be proficient in Python & to have 1-3 years of experience working directly with other engineers. We also value an ability to learn new or unfamiliar technologies quickly.
Technologies you will work with:
The core responsibility of an engineer on our team is to build & maintain our technical intelligence pipeline. This means you will work with:
- Python web frameworks like Flask & Django
- Streaming pipelines using tools like Kafka, AWS MSK, & Google PubSub
- Containers technologies like Docker & Kubernetes
- Search databases like Elasticsearch & Solr
- Monitoring tools like Prometheus & Grafana
- Malware analysis & collaboration tools like MISP, VirusTotal, YARA, CAPE
We approach each day as an opportunity to do something extraordinary rather than nine hours spent in front of a screen. So we want a teammate who will take a genuine interest in the business & day-to-day details.
Our best engineers are collaborative & selfless. They leave code cleaner than when they found it, & they are involved in the full lifecycle of software development: understanding the requirements, designing the solution, writing the code, testing the code, testing the integration, deploying it to production, & monitoring the deployment. They ask for help when they need it. And they use company goals as a guideline in addition to having a high personal standard for performance.
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating & preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, & equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person & their experiences contribute to building a work environment & a product that will change the world.
- Culture & Belonging. Our companys culture isnt something you join, its something you build & shape, & each person's unique backgrounds & experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is & will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels & company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees & much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health & wellness benefits, commuter benefits, & generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy & productive work environment. Thats why we also prioritize health & wellness perks like gym reimbursements & daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives & inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members & understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning & development opportunities, & guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge & experience.
- A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome & appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile.