Squarespace is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to provide temporary leave coverage for our Engineering & Product Management leaders from July 2021 - January 2022. In this role, you will: provide leadership & employees with guidance on performance management, career development planning, compensation planning, employee relations, & other HR programs & policies; locally execute People team programs; & support our Engineering & Product leaders achieve their talent management objectives. You will also work hand in hand with the broader People Team on projects & initiatives to cultivate our unique culture & scale our people practices. This is the perfect opportunity to partner with two departments undergoing significant growth & transformation, & demonstrate your partnership capabilities should a permanent position open up on the team.
You will report to our Director, HR Partners & Programs & will be based in our New York City office.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Coach managers on performance management, professional development planning, inclusive leadership, employee relations, & compensation planning
- Be a trusted advisor in all areas of HR including employee relations, investigations, leaves of absence, & compensation
- Leveraging data on attrition rates & history, retention risk markers, engagement, market competitiveness, etc., partner with department executives to execute their local talent management strategies
- Partner with the Total Rewards team to advise leaders & stakeholders on our compensation philosophy & practices
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to facilitate tailored learning experiences geared towards team/competency building, leadership development, & career progression
- Contribute to the development of new HR programs & policies aimed at performance management, organizational health & engagement, recognition, talent planning, & position management
- Partner with the Recruitment & FP&A teams on headcount planning, internal mobility, & driving hiring efficiencies across your client groups
- Work cross-functionally to provide employees & managers with the tools they need to operate effectively & achieve Squarespaces strategic priorities
- Push the status quo & proactively surfaces opportunities for efficiency to increase the teams time spent on impactful partnership with leadership
- Partner with our Employee Relations leader & Legal team to manage employee relations for your client groups as needed, including creating investigation plans, conducting investigations, completing standard data collection / documentation protocols, & partnering with the HRBP team & department leadership to review & implement the outcome
- Progressive, multidisciplinary HR experience, including dedicated experience working as an HR Business Partner aligned to department executives & senior leadership
- HR leadership experience managing a complex & diverse scope involving multiple stakeholders across a company
- Previously been responsible for driving large-scale solution development beyond the team & individual levels, & are highly effective at simplifying complex issues, designing & operationalizing solutions tailored to the unique needs of your business
- Been a primary contributor to improving major processes & have a significant impact on company policy & practices
- Solution focused thinking, empathy, strong judgment & decision making skills
- Excellent active listening, influence, written/verbal communication & conflict management skills
- A bias towards teamwork & collaboration - communicates often with peers, socializes work, & manages change with empathy
- A bias towards action - resourceful, execution oriented, & to able to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, high growth, deadline oriented environment, all while handling multiple projects & priorities simultaneously
- A thorough understanding of HR practices, including employment law & regulations
- Ability to travel quarterly for meetings, team events, & in person work with client groups
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.