Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet Federal is the subsidiary of Planet Labs Inc (Planet Inc), focused on delivering the unique products & capabilities of Planet to the U.S. government customer space.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data & machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Based in the Northern Virginia/DC Metro Region, the Account Manager will uncover new customers & manage existing relationships as we continue to grow revenue within the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) account base. Possible consideration for candidates to also be based in the St. Louis, MO metro area. The ideal candidate is a driven, independent thinker, who can also be creative as we expand into new market segments. This person will have a strong intelligence & business acumen along with an aptitude to learn new things.
In this role you will:
- Target the following sectors:, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) US DoD & Intelligence Community organizations i & supporting partners.
- Identify, qualify, negotiate, & close large-scale complex deals & drive sales revenue targets.
- Have a technical understanding of geospatial imagery products, or a similar technical field & know the customer segments we sell to.
- Develop an extensive pipeline of new sales opportunities, orchestrate product & sales demonstrations to
- prospective customers, & formulate appropriate business relationships within the .
- Manage pipeline from new logos, navigate assigned accounts to identify new business opportunities
and expand relationships.
- Identify channel & reseller relationships to expand market presence, seek out new partnerships as needed.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineers for prospect meetings & presentations, generate proposals & present pricing to executive level buyers.
- Provide & maintain weekly, monthly & quarterly forecasts of the business.
- Above all else, enjoy our unique value proposition & join Planet on our mission to see change & change the world.
- Demonstrated success prospecting finding & winning business with new customers
- 5+ years of related experience in Software and/or Data as a Service sales
- Experience selling to Federal customers especially to the service & COCOMs associated to the intelligence community
- Currently have or ability to attain a clearance
- Knowledge & practical use of methodology- MEDDPIC and/or Value Based Selling
- Strong enterprise and/or SaaS technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to forecast accurately & manage a pipeline of opportunities
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, & close large deals; carrying quota & closing should be familiar concepts.
- Ability to do deep discovery & build relationships to engage in complex pricing negotiations
- Excellent communication skills, multiple languages is always a plus
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment & decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation & persuasion skills
- Critical thinking & creative problem-solving skills
- Eligibility for a US Government security clearance
- Experience with CRM, outreach tools & forecasting solutions preferred
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall's TED Talk "Tiny Satellites ushering in the New Space Revolution" Bloomberg Businessweek;
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
"Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace" Planet Blog
Planet Federal is headquartered in Washington D.C. If you are feeling inspired, check out our website https://planetfederal.applytojob.com/apply & apply. Be sure to include a cover letter to let us know why you think youd be a good fit & feel free to mention anyone you have previously worked with at Planet.
Compensation (Colorado Applicants Only)
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $104,100.00-$123,221.00
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors including; experience, location, & other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all states. If you are not able to work in a state where Planet is registered you will not be eligible for employment.
Planet Federal is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity, providing consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.