Shine is the #1 BIPOC-owned self-care app and community. We're on a mission to make caring for your mental and emotional health easier, more representative, and more inclusive. And we believe it all starts with making self-care a daily ritual. One in three reviews call our award-winning app life-changing, and we've found increased use of Shine is correlated with decreases in both anxiety and depression by up to 35%.
We believe that fighting for the mental health of marginalized groups helps fight for their lives and rights. We build our product and create content with the BIPOC reality in mind, and representation is core to our team at Shine HQ. Our team is majority BIPOC, almost all of our content is created by Black womxn, and our themes are sourced from our community, which over-indexes in both of those categories.
- A customer-first mindset with a proactive and empathic approach to problem-solving
- 1-3 years of customer service experience (experience in the tech/mobile app world is a plus)
- Experience with customer service software and tools (Zendesk, Stella Connect, Stripe)
- Obsessed with delivering the voice of the customer throughout the organization and be able to provide feedback, resolve issues, and make improvements
- Highly organized and able to manage many moving pieces at once
- Works effectively within a cross-functional team, yet has the ability to take initiative and work effectively on their own
- Strategic thinker who is able to make structural recommendations to our fairly new customer experience process
How you'll make an impact:
- Manage cross-platform customer experience. Monitor and respond to our Zendesk help inbox, social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), and app store reviews in a timely manner.
- Community relationship-building. Develop and maintain relationships with our members by answering their inquiries, helping them feel seen and heard, and elevating urgent requests.
- Be the voice of the customer. Provide for the team weekly ticket metrics, insights reports, and speak with and for our community in team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Data driven reporting. Lean into various data points to help the team understand our customer experience and the impact of our product decisions. Log customer issues and create weekly summary reports to help identify ongoing trends.
- Cross-team collaboration. Partner with product, marketing and content teams to help prioritize initiatives based on customer insights.
- Strategy. Use your findings to develop a customer experience that delights users, builds loyalty, and increases retention. Implement processes and recommend tools, systems, and SOPs that will help improve the overall customer experience.
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making the world a more compassionate place