Senior Manager, Fine Art Sales - New York, NY
At 1stDibs, its our mission to enrich lives with extraordinary design. As a marketplace for furniture, art, jewelry, & fashion, we are continuously invested in creating beautiful experiences for our users, & are currently seeking an accomplished Sr. Manager, Fine Art Sales to join our Sales & Client Partnerships Team.
As 1stDibs' Sr. Manager of Fine Art Sales, you will lead Fine Art sales initiatives & will play a critical role in helping build our Art business. In this position, you will be responsible for proactively bringing qualified Fine Art buyers to 1stDibs, as well as sourcing & consigning top quality art pieces for sale. You will develop deep client relationships & represent 1stDibs in the market.
What You Will Do:
- Proactively generate new Fine Art business opportunities among new & existing client relationships
- Build client engagement strategies & advise clients on their buying, selling, & collection management efforts
- Source top caliber Fine Art sales opportunities & support clients through research, condition reporting, & other activities to prepare to sell
- Providing guidance & collaborate on sales with other Specialists across Fine Art, Jewelry, & Furniture
- Support the team in strategic planning for growing the 1stDibs Art business
- Represent 1stDibs at client-facing events (e.g. fairs)
What You Will Bring:
- 7-10 years of experience in client facing art sales in a directly related business (e.g. an auction house)
- Excellent research skills & attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment & with a flexible approach to a wide range of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Commitment to an exemplary level of client service
- Experience with Salesforce & other sales tools
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.