ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
TheSkimm is dedicated to helping millennial women live smarter lives. We're changing the way our 7 million community members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. TheSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & weve helped more than 400,000 people to take action with us in the 2020 elections.
theSkimms design team is a group of fast-moving, innovative creators who thrive on building beautiful experiences Skimmrs love. As a member of the design team, youll envision & create impactful product experiences to educate, inform, & inspire our community.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will weave typography, illustrations, photography, color & space into an elegant experience. Youll work closely with brand editorial, & marketing to deliver novel & memorable experiences. We cant wait to see you in action.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Concept & design beautiful & engaging web & email experiences
- Partner closely with brand, marketing, editorial, & business stakeholders
- Represent the user & ensure UX integrity while balancing business needs
- Run design reviews, brainstorming & collaboration sessions
- Foster a collaborative process with teams across the organization
- Work with the entire design team to evolve the design system, understanding the value of design patterns & helping to build & maintain a cohesive visual language
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of product design experience
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of design craft
- Give feedback with kindness & candor
- Strong critical thinking & communication skills
- Proficient in Figma & prototyping tools
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Ability to refine other peoples ideas & push the best concept forward
- Keen interest in elevating theSkimms products & bringing new offerings to life
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
Please include a link to an online or PDF portfolio with your application.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.