BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Post-Production team in a project-based capacity on the As/Is team. Were looking for someone with a focus on storytelling that can cut both comedic & documentary tones that resonate with millennial women. This is a freelance position with a project rate of $300/day.
Example of editing style requested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTWujSoEro0
- Partner with Creative Producers & Post-Production team editing As/Is video content
- End-to-end edit multiple videos & formats both unscripted & scripted
- Quickly assemble edits & implement notes from creatives & clients
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
- Stay super organized in & follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- 3+ years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS & Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder & After Effects & 3rd party software
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines & deliverables
- Passion & knowledge for editing theory
- Experience designing & laying in GFX/VFX preferred
- Balance & grade color, & mix & level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production & Production process & equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media & digital video platforms
- Emphasis on organization & attention to detail
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Bachelors degree in Film, Communication or related field is preferred
- Passionate about telling stories with a beauty & women based focus
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve edited or current reel
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.