Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
Patients with advanced cancer are severely under-genotyped, & many potential candidates for targeted therapy end up with more burdensome broad spectrum treatment, potentially reducing quality of life & progression free survival. Your work will be critical in the verification & validation of our in-vitro diagnostic & companion diagnostic products, leading to regulatory approvals that will result in more patients with access to life-extending precision treatment.
As a member of the Bioinformatics IVD Development group, you will analyze & troubleshoot genomic experiments, author reports, & provide statistical guidance for study & method development. You will work closely with multiple teams across Guardant Health, including Bioinformatics, Software, Technology Development, Regulatory, & Operations. If you want to see the impact of your work quickly & at scale, this may be the role for you.
- Work with molecular biologists to troubleshoot & analyze verification & validation experiments as part of regulatory submissions (e.g. IDE, PMA).
- Support companion diagnostic development with various pharmaceutical partners through custom data processing & analysis with modified bioinformatics pipelines
- Execute bioinformatics analysis plans & author development & validation reports
- Review protocols & study designs for statistical soundness
- Contribute to reagent manufacturing QC & process improvement
- Identify & solve problems proactively as needed
As a competitive candidate, you will have much of the following training, skills, & experience:
- Applied expertise in statistical analysis, including hypothesis testing, conditional probability, regression modeling, goodness-of-fit tests, maximum likelihood, & Bayesian models.
- Demonstrable expertise in genome-scale data analysis desirable
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, & visualizing wet lab experiments
- Bioinformatics skills in genomics, sequence analysis, python or R scripting under version control
- Experience with the current landscape of bioinformatics tools
- Molecular diagnostics experience, especially involving NGS, desirable
- IVD and/or Companion Diagnostic (CDx) development experience a plus
- Attention to detail, with the ability to write clear & complete reports
- Commitment to reproducible research
- Desire to contribute to personalized medicine & innovative cancer care
- Ability to work under fast-paced startup environment
MS in Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Cancer Genomics, or related quantitative field
2+ years of industry experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.