The Manufacturing Engineer - DFM/DFA will research, develop & recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs, & internal cross-functional teams. The Manufacturing Engineer will gather technical/customer requirements, lead DFM/DFA activities, support detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower), project timelines, manufacturing NPI (New Product Introductions) & sustaining activities. They will also generate cost reduction, process, continuous improvement ideas & lead implementation of those ideas on the factory floor.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the NPI stage gate process (Concept-MP), to ensure robust DFM/DFA, providing leadership & expertise in product manufacturability
- Develop & lead DFM/DFA initiatives including setting targets & standards
- Collaborate with Peloton partners & teams to communicate, define manufacturing & assembly requirements
- Product review at part/component level for ease of manufacturing & assembly
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand tolerance, GD&T & process analysis
- Identify & communicate manufacturability & assembly concerns & risks as needed. Provide clear DFM/DFA design change recommendations
- Ensure product manufacturing & assembly requirements are clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, ODM selection & qualification; collaborate in DFM/A activities
- Support domestic & international suppliers to establish world-class manufacturing & assembly process
- Develop process & equipment specifications as needed
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities & process validation builds to ensure flawless mass production launch
- Support product sustainment & improvement activities
- Support process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, Cp/Cpk, Spk), DOEs & PFMEAs
- This position requires domestic & international travel; at least 30% of the time or as needed by the business
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial)
- Past tool design and/or toolmaking experience for production stamping, plastic injection mold, and/or die cast tooling
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- Previous DFM/DFA experience required
- Solid experience in precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, hydro-forming, welding, stamping, die casting, plastic injection molding, & various finishing techniques
- Experience working with Asian JDM, CMs, ODMs
- Experience in developing SOPs, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Previous CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Problem solving & corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, Red X, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge & application of Global/International standards: ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Extensive experience in manufacturing of Connected Consumer Devices desired
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience managing large manufacturing capital projects ($1M+)
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.