Why join Igloo:
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a companys biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo our behaviors, our culture, & especially our digital workplace solutions (which we use every day). And thats why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks & promises, & gives you the true sense of purpose youve been waiting for.
Igloos goal is to help people communicate & collaborate in the workplace. This means creating simple but effective workflows to enable people to create content & a delightful experience for consuming & collaborating on it. We need a design leader who fights for the user, sets a high bar for design in all of our products & is a champion for instilling a design culture in our business.
Why this role is important:
As a cloud-focused member of our platform development team, you will have an opportunity to shape our microservice based infrastructure as we continue to build our presence in Microsoft Azure. Your focus will be crafting new services to unlock critical functionality in alignment with our technical roadmap. Youll have a leading role in how we create, select & apply patterns to our service boilerplate in support of our internal development teams & to the delight of our customers.
Youre a great fit for our team if youre passionate about building for the cloud, care deeply about performance & are looking for a role that gives you a voice to help shape microservices within our Kubernetes-backed cloud platform.
The impact youll have:
- Contribute: Help your new team enhance, scale & secure Igloos next generation cloud-native platform
- Collaborate: Work cross-functionally with other Engineering/DevOps teams to establish, implement & guide the delivery of performant microservices.
- Own: Establish best practices & patterns for microservice development.
- Improve: Relentlessly track down & squash tricky bugs that cause our customers pain.
What youll need:
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in computer science or related field, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- 4+ years of hands-on Node.js experience or
- 2+ years of hands-on .Net Core experience
- Experience working within a microservice architecture
- Strong knowledge of writing & working with RESTful APIs
- Previous experience creating, optimizing & scaling microservices
- Detail oriented with exceptional follow up & follow through
- The ability to problem solve & think both critically & creatively
- Exceptional communication (including written documentation skills)
- Ability to lead & mentor more junior developers
Tech stack (brownie points!):
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience with Kafka or Microsoft Event Hub
- SQL & NoSQL experience
- Understanding of OIDC/OAuth/JWT
- Familiarity with Azure Portal
- Working knowledge of Docker, App Services & Kubernetes
- Familiarity with ELK stack
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee & tea, treats every pay day, & an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, & we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes your work easier.
If youre looking for a role with the right mix of autonomy & team collaboration, an environment that fosters transparency & trust, a company with seasoned leadership & backed by a leading investment firm, a career with lots of opportunity & room for growth, & a chance to personally influence how organizations work, then we invite you to step inside Igloo.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about Igloo Software