Sourcing Director, Consumables
Location: NY/Columbus, OH/Remote
WHO ARE WE?
The Consumables Product Development & Sourcing team develops & buys a wide range of dog products (food, treats, supplements, OTC health products, & accessories) with the help of our third-party manufacturing partners. Internally, we partner with data analytics & creative teams to identify new products in order to give dogs & their people the best experience. We are dog people & obsessed with making dogs healthy & happy! We pay close attention to product design & palatability, health & nutrition, cost & quality, are highly flexible & entrepreneurial, & collaborative to a fault.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
Our Consumables team is harnessing the same magic we put into our toys & putting it into food. We are looking for a Sourcing Director, Consumables who will define the future supplier engagement model & develop collaborative relationships with BARKs key suppliers to deliver great products to our pups. This role reports into the VP Product Development & Sourcing, Consumables & is responsible for a spend of ~ $80M (and growing!) which covers all consumables products & related accessories & packaging across all business units. This position will work closely with Product Development, Creative, & various Operations team members as a strategic partner & provides expertise in planning & implementing sourcing initiatives, maintaining focus on project timelines & deliverables to ensure business goals & financial targets are met. This individual must have a passion for all things related to dog health & nutrition to ensure were sourcing from the best possible partners with the best of the best ingredients for our pups! Pet food industry & managing third party manufacturers experience is required.
- Builds collaborative & cross functional relationships internally & externally with strategic suppliers to deliver BARKs growth plans.
- Responsible for conducting spend analysis, analyzing supply markets, identifying sourcing value levers, executing competitive RFIs/RFPs & leading supplier negotiations.
- Ensures integrity of savings tracking & reporting efforts & works with the Finance team to ensure negotiated savings are realized.
- Establishes leading supplier management practices, building policies & procedures for reviewing supplier performance against contracted obligations/service levels & ensuring new value is created year over year.
- Builds & develops strategic sourcing talent. Hires, develops & coaches the sourcing team. Manages retention, compensation, performance management, resource scheduling & planning, capability & skill development, career development & succession planning.
- 7+ years of successful strategic sourcing expertise including managing direct reports.
- At least 5 years experience in the pet food industry.
- At least 5 years experience with third-party manufacturing, global sourcing a plus.
- Proficient with analytical software.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S./B.A. degree required (in a relevant area such as Supply Chain, Business, or similar discipline).
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal & presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder communication, complex timelines, & meeting management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment through excellent interpersonal, influencing & communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic fast paced business environment, demonstrated ability to self-motivate & manage multiple priorities.
This position is a full-time salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, NY, Columbus OH office or remote. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, & in our offices, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.